By using Eden Photos, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to
the terms of this privacy and security policy. "Eden Photos" refers both to the application
installed on your device and to the supporting back-end provided on our servers.
Here's how Eden Photos handles your photos and information:
What information do we collect?
In order for you to use certain Eden Photos features, we may ask you to provide a user name and a valid email address. We use this information to identify you and communicate with you. We store the following information associated with your Eden Photos account on our secure servers:
- Your account name, email and login details. We may also log your IP address.
- Metadata concerning your photos (for example, image name, size or other characteristics). We may also upload and temporarily store your photos on cloud servers where necessary to perform the automated machine analysis needed to provide our service.
- Access Tokens: these allow Eden Photos automatic read-only access to your chosen photo and storage services, if any, so that you can view your photos in Eden Photos.
- Device ID or phone number.
- Depending on the policies of the photo services you use, we may collect certain information about you from your photo service accounts (including social networking applications like Facebook), such as gender, age, occupation, hobbies, interests, zip code, contacts or other information that you have provided to the photo service or made public or otherwise available. We analyse this type of data anonymously.
- If your photo contains location metadata, we may store that location data in association with your account in the photo metadata and also in our database. However, we analyse this location data only in aggregate and anonymously.
- We store other information about your use of Eden Photos, such as how many photo services and photo sources you are using with Eden Photos, when each of your devices was last used with Eden Photos, and other aggregate information about your use of the Eden Photos application. This information is analysed anonymously.
We store the following information temporarily or permanently on your device:
- Small thumbnails of your photos that are sent for analysis.
- The extracted category and tags information for each image. All communication between your device and the image analysis servers is SSL-encrypted for your privacy. We may use different in-app analytics services that can track user interface events, location data, and device and mobile OS type. These services will only report information to us in aggregate and anonymously.
How do we use your information?
Eden Photos uses this information to provide and improve the services and to communicate with you. We may email you from time to time to inform you of changes to this policy, changes to the Eden Photos End-User Licensing Agreement (EULA), or other important information. We may request users of Eden Photos to complete questionnaires or surveys regarding your experience with Eden Photos. Your responses are solely used by us to assist in improving our services or the features and functionality of Eden Photos. Participation in such surveys is voluntary. We use text files called cookies to provide us with information about visits to http://edenphotos.io. In particular, we may have deployed Google Analytics or another analytics service which use first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains. The analytics applications we use also collect the IP address of website visitors in order to provide us with a sense of where our visitors come from geographically. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends to us without identifying individual visitors. If desired, you can block cookies in your browser settings.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information as follows:
- Third-Party Service Providers: we may, from time to time, outsource some or all of the operations of our business to third-party service providers. Entities with which we partner for special projects or initiatives are provided with the minimum amount of information needed for the purpose of accomplishing their tasks and we restrict how such service providers may access, use and disclose your data.
- Business Transfers: in the event that Eden Photos sells or buys any business or assets, Eden Photos may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Legal Investigations and requests: we may disclose your information to law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies when required to do so or when, in good faith, we believe it is necessary in order to comply with legal obligations.
In order for you to make use of Eden Photos and for us to provide services, it is necessary for us to collect, store and in some cases transfer your information to third parties. Any such transfers will be solely for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to Eden Photos users. If you object to such transfers you may opt-out but this may prevent you from being able to make use of Eden Photos. We will provide an opt-out link in promotional emails from Eden Photos to enable you to opt-out if you no longer wish to receive these.
Data Retention and Deletion of your data
You can delete content data stored on your device simply by using the Cleanup tab of Eden’s Preferences dialog. Once deleted, all data is considered irrecoverable. We accept no obligation to recover your deleted data on request so please make this decision carefully.
Eden Photos takes reasonable security measures such as password protection and encryption as we deem appropriate to protect the information we collect from misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Eden Photos employees authorised to access your data are required to take the appropriate safeguards to protect your data. All communication between your device and our servers is SSL-encrypted for your privacy. While we do use care to protect your information, you should keep in mind that Eden Photos is run on software, hardware, and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security. You are required to keep your Eden Photos passwords confidential. Eden Photos is not responsible for misuse of passwords.
Notification of changes to this policy
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Security Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com